Let’s say you’ve already accomplished building a website for your local store. Your web traffic is growing, sales are skyrocketing, and you’re gaining online popularity.
Great, right? Now, what if I tell you, that could also happen to your physical store?
All you have to do is to get listed in popular online business directories.
Being listed makes it simple for online users to find your store’s exact location. Not only that, it also gives your business more online exposure—building quality backlinks, increasing site traffic, and leveraging cheap advertising.
There are plenty of online business directories to choose. And you can start with the most popular one.
How to List Your Business in these Top 4 Online Directories
If you want people to find your establishment, enlist in the platform that has around 80 million SMEs: Facebook Business. The page helps brands build awareness through the world’s number one social media platform. Follow these steps to learn how to get your business enlisted on Facebook Business.
Step 1. Visit the Facebook Business Page Setup
- Go to Facebook Business and select Create a Page.
Step 2. Choose your page category
- Click Get Started on the Business or Brand category.
Step 3. Fill out your business information
Indicate the name of your page or business, category, address, and phone number. Then click Continue to proceed.
Step 4. Finish customising your page
Add your cover photo and profile picture, create a post, invite friends, and create your username.
Foursquare is a leading online location platform that helps people find businesses by providing localised listings. This has also become a go-to platform for customers to check out ratings and tips on a certain store.
Make sure you’re within their radar by listing your business on Foursquare. Here’s how:
*Note: Make sure you already have a Foursquare account before claiming your listing.
Step 1. Visit Foursquare’s claim page
- Add your business on Foursquare by selecting Create a listing in the search bar.
Step 2: Fill out your business information
- After providing your business details, hit Save.
Additional info: If your business is already listed on their system, you can claim it immediately. You’ll only need to enter your phone number so they can contact you regarding the verification process.
Google My Business
Google My Business allows enterprises to grow their online presence and get found on Google—fast. In fact, GMB listings are found 75% of the time through organic search.
Verify and update your business information for customers and mark your spot on Google Maps. Drive more foot traffic to your store by following these steps:
Step 1. Visit the Google My Business page
- Sign in using your Google account in the Google My Business page and select MANAGE NOW.
Step 2. Check to see if your business is listed
- Type your business name. If your business appears on the list, you can claim it. If not, select Add your business to Google and name your business.
Step 3. Choose your Google My Business category
- Select your business category. You can also add subcategories for a more targeted niche.
Step 4. Add your business address
- This allows customers to locate your store in Google Maps.
Step 5. Fill out your contact details
- Next, type in your contact number together with your website address.
Step 6. Finish and save your listing
- Click Finish to save your listing.
Waze is a popular navigation app that generates real-time traffic updates and directions. It also allows establishments to place their store in the app in five easy steps. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1. Download Waze
- Download the app on your iOS or Android device.
Step 2. Proceed to the Reports Menu
- After opening the Waze app, click on the orange Reports icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
Step 3. Select “Place”
- After clicking the Reports icon, you will arrive in its menu. Find the one labelled Place.
Step 4. Upload a photo of your store
- After clicking Place, you will be required to take a picture of your business space. Click the double arrows below to proceed.
Step 5. Input your business name and details
- Provide your business name and address. Confirm your store’s exact location on the Waze map. After, select the category your business fits into. Click Done.
Improve your local visibility
Don’t get surprised once your foot traffic increases after enlisting in these top directories.
And the best part? You can triple that increase. Widen your reach by enlisting in other online directories.
But if you don’t have the time to sign up on every single platform, look for companies that offer business directory services like Crazy Domains. You only need to provide your details on the Business Directory hub and it will list your business on over 22 platforms—both locally and globally.