The YITH Shippo Shippings for WooCommerce plugin allow you to connect your Shippo accounts to your WooCommerce store. With Shippo, you can support multiple carrier services for your products’ shipping, and create and manage shipping labels. You can also minimize costs and risks, and allow your customers to track shipments. Sign up and know more about Shippo Shipping Software for E-Commerce.
How To Connect Your Shippo Account
To connect your Shippo account, follow these steps:
- In the Environment section of the General Options tab, select either Live or Sandbox to enable the YITH Shippo Shippings plugin in test mode or in live mode.
- In Connect account, click the Connect to Shippo button to connect your Shippo account.
- When the Shippo Account Registration | Shippo window opens, create your Shippo account, and then click Sign up.
If you already have one, click Log In.
- Once your account is successfully connected and linked to your store, you can view the Account connected option in the Connect account section.
Now you can start to configure the plugin options.
Manage Shipping Rates According to Different Shipping Zones
If you want to manage the shipping rates according to different shipping zones, it is necessary that you set different shipping costs or carriers for specific countries. For example, free shipping and UPS for national shipping or 25 dollars and DHL for international shipping, and so on.
To enable this option, follow these steps:
- Go to Shipping Options, and then click the Shipping Rates tab.
- In the Manage shipping rates according to shipping zones section, select YES from the toggle button.
When you enable this option, you will be able to create shipping rate rules and set other advanced options based on the customer’s shipping addresses. Read more here to learn how to create shipping zones in WooCommerce.
Set the Sender Info
To set the sender information, follow the steps below:
- Go to Shipping Settings, and then click the Sender Info tab.
- In the Sender info section, enter the default sender address information for your shipping.
You can fill the form with the store address set when you go to WooCommerce, and then click Settings or set a different address.
Once you enable the shipping zones option, you will be able to set multiple senders and associate specific sender information to specific shipping zones.
Shipping Rates Options
When you go to the Shipping Settings, and then click the Shipping Rates tab, you can find the following options related to shipping rates:
- Validate products weight and dimensions — Click the Validate products button to check if all your products are properly configured.
- Manage shipping rates according to shipping zones — Enable this option if you want to create rules, charge costs, and set carriers for specific shipping zones.
- Show live shipping rates on Cart and Checkout pages — Enable this option to show the shipping rates to your customers on the Cart and Checkout pages.
- Require insurance and Require signature — Enable these options only to show the shipping services in which insurance and signature are available.
- Limit rates to show and Max rates to show — Enable these options if you want to limit the maximum number of shipping rates to show.
- Filter rates according to their cost and Show rates with a — enable this option if you want to set a minimum or maximum cost for the shipping rates to show. Other services will be hidden.
- Show delivery time — Enable this option if you want to show also the estimated delivery time to your customers.
Create Shipping Rules
The Shipping Rules give you advanced control of the shipping rates to show and charge when certain criteria are met. To create shipping rules, follow these steps:
- In the Shipping Rules tab, click the Create rule button to create a new shipping rule.
- In Rule name, enter a name to identify the rule, and then choose which shipping zones and shipping services you want to apply the rule to.
- Enable the Set conditions option if you want to add a product or category condition. You can choose to show or hide a specific shipping service according to products or product categories added to the cart.
- In Add fee to shipping rates, enable the option if you want to charge an extra fee to the shipping services selected.
Below are examples of different rules you can create:
- A generic fee: add a fee of 5$ to all services and for all shipping zones, without setting any conditions. This way, the system will always charge an extra fee of 5$, regardless of the shipping service used to ship the orders.
- Hide a shipping service if the user is purchasing products of the Furniture category: select all shipping zones, select the service, and add a condition to hide the service if the product category is Furniture.
- Hide a shipping service for customers located in the EU, regardless of the products they purchase: select the correct shipping zone, select the shipping service, and add a condition to hide the service that applies to ALL product categories.
Shipping Tracking Options
Shipping tracking allows your customers to track the status of the orders shipping. From the related tab, you can do any of the following:
- Enable Auto Tracking and Configure webhooks — Enable the option to automatically track shipping updates from Shippo and send notices to your customers about the current status of their shipments. To activate this option, you have to copy the code and paste it into your Shippo account when you go to Settings, click API, and then click Webhooks.
- Tracking status updates to notify customer — Select which shipping statuses to notify your customers about. For any status selected, the customer will get an email with an update about the shipping.
- Complete orders with this tracking status — Select which shipping status you want to set the related order as completed.
Set the Default Parcel Adjustments
To set the default parcel adjustments, follow these steps:
- Go to Parcel Packing, and then click the Parcel Adjustments tab.
- In Set the minimum weight and dimensions of the parcel, set the default weight and measurements for parcels.
These values are required to quote the shipping rates and will be applied by default to products without weight or dimensions set.
You can also set an additional weight (in percentage or fixed amount) to add to all your parcels. This is useful if you include some gadgets, flyers, instructions, promotional materials, etc., in all your parcels.
Set the Boxes Used To Ship Your Products
To set the boxes used in shipping your products, follow the steps below:
- Go to Parcel Packing, and then click the Parcel Boxes tab.
- Now, populate the table with the boxes you will use to ship your items.
- In the Extra Options section, enable the Combine boxes in a single package option to combine all boxes of an order in a single shipping.
Note: By default, the plugin sends a separate quote request for each box used to pack all the items in the cart, and then it sums up all the returned rates. When you enable this option, the plugin will put all the boxes needed to fit all the items in the order, on top of each other, and then it will use the total dimensions and weight of this pile to send a single shipping quote request.
- Enable the Use cube dimensions option if you want to combine boxes in a single shipping.
Note: Boxes with irregular sizes are usually more expensive to ship. The plugin will calculate the volume of a box as L x W x H, and then it will use this value to calculate the dimensions of the box with the sides of an equal length like L = W = H.
Set the Default Info About the Content of Shipments
To set the default information about the content of shipments, follow the steps below:
- Go to Parcel Packing, and then click the Postage Options tab.
- In Set the default info about the content of the shipments, enter the default info about your shipments.
This info will be used in customs declarations as a description of the content of your shipments. You can override this info for each order.
The tariff number is required by some carriers for international shipments. Locate your tariff number here, and if you sell different products in your store, you should set the correct tariff number on each product.
How To Set the Correct Info in Your Products
To make the plugin work properly, you should enter the correct info in all products you will sell and ship.
In the Product data section of the Shipping tab, do the following:
- Set the correct weight and dimensions for the product.
- Enter the correct tariff number (required for international shipping).
- Set the country of origin.
How To Create a Shipment for an Order
To create a shipment for an order, follow these steps:
- Open the order detail page and scroll down to the Shippo Shippings section.
- Click the + Add shipping button to create a shipping for the related order, and then do the following:
- Select All if you want to include all products or specific ones in this shipping. You can also create multiple shipping for a single order.
- Select the package type, and then set the content and description.
- Select the applicable service you want to see, which includes return label, insurance, and signature.
- Click the Choose service button to view the list of available services.
- When the Shipping services window opens, select the best option according to your needs.
- Now, click the Create shipment button.
- Click the Pay shipment symbol to pay the shipment.
After the payment, you will be able to track the shipping status and check all the information related to the shipping.
For further assistance, you may contact the Crazy Domains Support.